Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: $12 per hour

I can see someone brand new not knowing a single thing starting out at 12.  You have to start somewhere.  Obviously if thats all theyre paying the training is probably really bad and the company probably don't care which adds to more turn over.  If I was starting out new not knowing anything and I wanted to be in the industry, then I would start where ever I could to get a leg up.  Hopefully thats more a training pay and goes up after training.  Another way to look at this is just maybe the person doing the training might actually be getting paid. 

I don't know the details, but there is obviously more than 1 way to look at things.  I highly doubt they're getting the cream of the crop for that price.  Like I said if I didn't have experience and it taught me what I needed to know to move on then why not?  The new guys dont know the difference of 10 dollars an hour or 100 dollars an hour starting out.  Hell most new techs probably don't even know of this site and how helpful it can be.  There is decades of info that is totally searchable throughout the years.

This is CABL.com posting #385488. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMrI
Posted in reply to: $12 per hour by dbarlos
There are 0 replies to this message