Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Transfer work

Im unable to give you a dollar amount because I don't know your particular situation but I will tell you what you need to know to figure it out for yourself.  What does your transfer crew cost you per day? (daily hourly payroll, payroll taxes, insurance WC & GL, vehicle costs, % of support staff costs, % of office costs, etc.   Add all that together plus your margin and you will have a good number.  I would figure a low of 8 poles to a high of 30 poles per day depending on location (easement, street side, consecutive or not)

Materials are usually provided by the owner but I would estimate about  $10 per pole for pole hardware.  Some you will need nothing, others you will need much more.  Splicing materials will be much more and unpredictable.  ( splices, cable, connectors, straps, you can expect multiple sizes)  You will also have to include your unused materials in your costs.  In other words if you order 100 and only use 75 you will be stuck with hardware you are not paid for.  That hardware ends up in your warehouse.   Don't ask how I know.

This is CABL.com posting #385349. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMpt
Posted in reply to: Re: Transfer work by FiberPFM585
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Transfer work patriotspl 3/26/2021 9:19:42 AM