Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: After Coax...whats is next

Been awhile, but I gotta respond to this.  Starlink is on the leo belt.  Not the geo.  So the ping times are not 750- 1500.  They claim to be under 120ms.  This is also why they need 100s -1000s of satellites to mesh the USA.  I don't believe it's going to take down fiber as there is still going to be a limit on frequency that can be used.  Personally I don't like the idea of starlink.  What it really does is take a cell tower and puts it higher into space.  To say it will compete with fiber?  That would be a hard no.  Will it compete against 5g or cable and DSL? I'm sure it will.   Also these satellites are a lot smaller so they cant have nearly the capacity.  The future will always to be bound to move forward.  In Elon musk's future is to gamble big and have the government help out as much as possible.  It's already a fact that they are going to lose money off the deal.  It's another thing like DirecTV NFL Sunday ticket.  I doubt they have ever made a profit other than the fact to say they have it and nobody else does.

This is CABL.com posting #384772. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMga
Posted in reply to: Re: After Coax...whats is next by baran0v
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: After Coax...whats is next skidmark167 12/27/2020 11:35:02 AM