Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Corp to corp

The way I understand it, there was a union some years ago. They dismantled it, in exchange for chaos. 

I'm not saying union's are the answer, because they have their downside. However, maybe an organization like OOIDA is for truck drivers, might be in order. They simply represent the trucking industry, and donations to the organization are voluntary. Company drivers, Owner Operators, and companies alike, to donate and benefit from the organization. They serve as representation and offer legal counsel. 

I'm sure most guys in this industry would donate to have someone negotiating on their behalf, without all the down sides of a union. Especially Install and Drop Bury techs! We get the worst of it, and have no real oversight from the FCC or anything else. There's rules, but no one follows them. No one enforces them. Most don't even know what they are. 

I want nothing more than to bury cable with my own truck, tools, and equipment, and make an honest living doing so! I like the work, and I'm good at it! Know the equipment, and how to get things done! 

Don't like being held back by union bureaucracy or company shenanigans. Currently, this industry is an unregulated mess. They're shredding American jobs, through incompetence and greed. 

This is CABL.com posting #384321. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbL8T
Posted in reply to: Re: Corp to corp by ICSUnderground
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Corp to corp ML4569 10/5/2020 7:39:55 PM