Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 2.0 communications

I agree with what's being said. It's really kind of a waste of time and money, that doesn't guarantee anything really.

There's an incentive for hiring felons, and every felon isn't an ax murderer. The government loves that word "felon", because it's how they make slaves. What happened to rehabilitation and second chances? 

Not sure if anyone is noticing, but in the drop bury/UG field, they're severely shorthanded! Drops are everywhere! Directional crews don't have helpers, locators, nor rig operators! Why? Pay is being watered down, they don't want to hire felons, and they have crazy requirements for no incentive. 

As soon as I talk to some subcontractor company, and there's 15 pages to fill out in an email link, all about the requirements and what they need from me ( drug test, background, references, blood sample, first born, etc.), and then barely any mention of pay? I instantly get annoyed. 

I can pass a drug and background check any day of the week, on the spot, no warnings or hints necessary. Not a felon, but I understand every felon isn't instantly a bad person! Our judicial system is flawed, and it uses that word to collect revenue from people they already wanna tax into oblivion. 

When, as Americans, are we gonna stop making other hard working Americans the enemy? It's so unbelievably easy to get a felony charge nowadays. It's actually harder not to, than it is to get one. Just be broke for longer than 3-6 months. 

Then they want all this, so they can pay you to do ALL the work, for a quarter of the payout! The same thing is happening in all of these industries and trades! The welding company owner, can't actually weld! It's just some college stooge with a business degree, trying to hire actual welders, paying them a fraction of what it's worth, because he doesn't understand the value of the work! Same in the mechanics field! Same with drop bury techs, that's why there isn't any!

Install techs are working longer hours, for constantly changing prices, always lower, never higher, with shorter windows to do the work right, so they're rushing at every job. As a bury tech, I offer to do EVERYTHING outside, as long as I can get paid! House box to the ped! The subcontractor would rather put 99% of the work on the installer, because they're salary, and that's why it doesn't get done right! For the right price, I'll climb poles, and bury everything! Mount boxes, replace pads, and meet depth requirements! 

The problem is, they don't wanna pay. Too many people in the office, demanding high pay for doing nothing. Wanting us to do all the travel, work, and carry all the expense and equipment, for the lowest pay. Being a felon, doesn't justify slavery!

This is CABL.com posting #384181. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbL6D
Posted in reply to: 2.0 communications by 20COMMUNICATIONS
There are 0 replies to this message