Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Job listings........

SM-167:  It ain't going to change, I was in it for 50 yrs, mostly as a prime contractor, I always treated my sub contractors the same way I did my own crews, there was no hand picking the good runs and giving the sub the shit work.  I seen this industry start changing when every one went to units instead of hourly pay, back in early 80's  Having good Foreman's,  we actually got more down by hour then on units.  Our crews were paid fair wage rates with benefits and bonus for getting the job done safe and on time.  today it's every one for their self's, including the prime contractors.  They all make their profits off the sweat from the back of the poor laborers. There is no longer team work or time for training the next generation.  Quality of work has been lost and the Owners don't even know it because they hire bean counters or book smart field guys.  Power crews/telephone crews doing the same type work however being paid 2x what the average cable crews make.....plus they have benefits. If your a cable Guy, especially an old timer....Your screwed, you don't fit the mold of today's bucket babies or the Clumb Some (I ain't clumb much but I did clumb some}

MicroMan: Keep Safe....Run SkidMark…...Run, get out while you can .

This is CABL.com posting #383591. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbLW7
Posted in reply to: Job listings........ by skidmark167
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Job listings........ skidmark167 6/2/2020 5:34:06 PM