Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Fiber splicer

You are right. Some make even less than half what the going rate is.  There are always those in every market is looking to capitalize on this.. Then when that person is broke, can't afford to keep their equipment going, etc. They will look for for a another probably struggling person to take their place until that person succumbs to the fate of the one they replaced. And so on. Many will use the alure of " lots of work" and that is too be seriously considered.  But one still can't sub for 15 to $20. Or anywhere less than $50 a HR on the lowest paid line items.And think they are getting anywhere. And that's figuring that there will be times you can make 100- $150 a HR once in a while. To balance things out. If you have to work endlessly to get by there's a problem either with your spending or their prices. There are too many trying to set our prices on best case scenarios ie the " the gravy" and they are shoveling the subs the trash. They make their money off percentages not off their backs like we do. So they can make a profit regardless of what you make. I have been chastised by my openness on this subject and the fact that I use my name. If what I say is a problem to you, then we'll what do I need to say about that. Let working people make a living too.  Good luck to all you and hang in there.

This is CABL.com posting #383563. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbLWF
Posted in reply to: Re: Fiber splicer by TurnersSplicing
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Fiber splicer TurnersSplicing 5/27/2020 10:41:40 AM