Create your free account now! Sign up

03/08/20

11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,

12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age,

13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.

The world in Christ’s day was a dark and dangerous place. Like many today, the Jews believed the promised Messiah would rescue them from political oppression and injustice. But the Savior came to deliver from the greatest tyranny of all—the deadly rule and reign of sin that holds every man captive.

The deliverance came through the violent, sacrificial death of our Lord on a Roman cross. There the Savior bore the full wrath and fury of God the Father against sin—our sin—and made it possible for God and man to be reconciled. At the cross, the Savior conquered sin and Satan, bringing salvation to all who now put their trust in Him for forgiveness of sin.

Near the end of his life, at age 82, John Newton the former slave-trader who came to know and experience God’s amazing grace, was asked what he recalled about his life. He replied, “Although my memory is fading, I remember two things very clearly: I am a great sinner, and Christ is a great Savior.”

The Gospel is the Good News of the Savior who has already come to set His people free from their sins.

This is CABL.com posting #382936. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbLMy
There are 0 replies to this message