Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Other trades .com???

Thanks brother, just trying to keep the lights on, and right now the consistency nor workload is really there. At least not what I've seen in my area. Of course it's also slow right now, so hoping things pickup soon! 

There's also the issue we've been discussing all over this forum, with prices and shady individuals. Hard to find honor and integrity in this industry. They all want you to be an employee, but label you a contractor so they avoid liability. Which is fine, as long as the pay rates are decent! Currently, it pays the bills, but leaves little room for gains, while leaving you with all the responsibility, travel cost, and maintenance on equipment?! 

Then "some" of them want to demand loyalty on top of that?! Can't guarantee work, but don't want you doing work for anyone else?! I talk to guys that are working hourly, that say they're hiding on the side of the road or spending 8 hours sweeping out the vans for a paycheck?! 

I'm no veteran installer by a long shot, so I try to leave room for human error. I'm still learning, and we're all capable of mistakes, but this just seems deliberate to me, as I'm not the only one shaking a stick. 

This is CABL.com posting #382863. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbLLn
Posted in reply to: Re: Other trades .com??? by MicroMan
There are 0 replies to this message