Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Fiber Splicing

Maybe try doing FTTH first. It a good way to get  base knowledge of the basics and give yourself the money a splicer makes. I make about the same as a full time splicer but not near the overhead of ll that's required to do it. Don't get me wrong, its not easy work but sitting in one spot all day long isn't my idea of a good time either. You do have to be careful. There are a lot of people trying to hire FTTH techs. Be careful with that too.  lot of companies are paying way less than the their getting or they're trickled down and trying to find people to work for nothing. I saw one add where the guy was paying 100 per drop. Since the drops re mostly paid by the foot, the average job should pay you 200 plus. I've even seen where companies are paying 25hr when they're getting 70. Find someone who's paying footage and make it worth your time. If you can't make bare minimum (average) 700 plus a day, probably not worth it. FIS (fiber instrument sales) also offers 2 day classes for 450. get on their site for a location near you. Good basics class...

This is CABL.com posting #382762. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbLJK
Posted in reply to: Fiber Splicing by Jprez
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Fiber Splicing Shane FOUNTAIN 8/21/2020 9:20:06 AM