Create your free account now! Sign up

Keep the Cash Flowing

Just a note to all the new start up folks, be it Aerial/UG/ISP/OSP/Coax/Fiber/Tel/Pwr:   If you want to grow, diversify and expand your business , you gotta have a marketing guy/gal: !!  The best time to look for a job....is when you have a job, if you want constant cash flow, build yourself a back log of business.  Most dude's in construction never think about a full time marketing person, someone on the phone looking for new business, making visits/lunch calls with potential clients.  If you really want to run with the big dogs (PrimesContractors) have your market person put together a company book for hand outs to potential clients.  Include your key people, contact information, your equipment, your reference of past projects, your footprint-area your interesting in working,  your preferred work task, insurance and a brief listing of what the hell you do and what do you want.  Stress quality, safety, experience, might help if you list your willing to work on a 15-30-45-60-90day  payment turn around...the longer you can wait, the more appealing your be for the client.  Also, over my many years in this trade, if your doing a sit down meeting with potential clients, might help to take along a give away to leave them....I always gave away items that they could place on their desk, that way they seen my company name/number every day they were sitting on their lazy ass.  

This is CABL.com posting #382675. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbLIl
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Keep the Cash Flowing NewBridgeDatacom 2/16/2020 7:43:00 PM
Re: Keep the Cash Flowing HumblePro1 2/14/2020 6:32:01 PM
Re: Keep the Cash Flowing ROCKYTOP 2/14/2020 10:35:29 AM