Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Pay on Units

I got in trouble in NY paying guys units with 1099. Ended up owing back payroll taxes and worker’s comp. For a short period of time I would just create unscheduled checks in my payroll software and withhold taxes. Basically paying units but treating it like a W-2 employee. I was still liable for employer payroll tax and worker’s compensation. Would’ve had to cut the unit price in half to make it worth it on my end. Only way I pay units now is Corp to Corp and if you have worker’s compensation of your own. Not sure what state you are working but make sure to do your research. Owing back payroll tax was a brutal experience with NYS and IRS. Good luck. 

This is posting #382147. Tiny Link:
Posted in reply to: Pay on Units by KGPCOBlueStream
There are 0 replies to this message