I think I spend half my hours in ministry trying to get people
to forgive each other; Friends, spouses, siblings, neighbors,
Friends, please listen to me. Twenty years a pastor, and this
is what I've learned:
1. If you only forgive when someone deserves it, you will
2. If you only forgive when someone asks, you will rarely
3. Your reason for forgiving must be that God has forgiven
4. No one has sinned against you as much as you have
sinned against God.
5. If Christ can reconcile a sinner like you with a Holy God,
he can surely reconcile two sinners with each other.
6. No sin ever transgressed against you is a greater debt
than Jesus' blood can pay
7. A person who does not forgive is a person who is
8. A person who does not forgive does not understand their
own need for forgiveness.
9. The only way to forgive is to forgive gratuitously, lavishly
and freely (just as God has forgiven you)
10. Forgiveness frees the forgiver even more than it frees
"Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another,
if any man have a quarrel against any: even as
Christ forgave you, so also do ye." Colossians 3:13 KJV