Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: wreck out price

Been a while ( 10 years ago) but I believe I got .18 for all cable removed.  Drops, power supplies, risers etc. The scrap was my problem to dispose of.  For the anchors  we were told to cut off below the surface , or screw them down or out. All  drops P and J hooks were removed too,  and on the lift poles ,house, etc. . If the drops were painted they were cut off and left alone,  at the  property owners discretion. We made almost like we were never there, except we didnt plug the pole holes, they didn't furnish them for me. Chasing the drops, and cleaning up the house was the most time consuming part of it. A inspector measured and recorded everything. Alot of it got wound up on a conduit spool on the 40, drops, guys, cable, and all.  I actually found a yard that crushed it all and sold it. I didn't get much for it maybe 10c/lb when steel was 10-15c/lb. No other yards would take the strand unless it was seperated and cut in 4ft pieces. A dumpster is a better option on coax/strand unless you can sell as it is.  Telephone is worth seperating, coax is not, or atleast then. Steel is super low now, don't think it would be any better now.  All in all a good job though. This was as the prime, not as a sub. Good luck, hope you make some money.
This is CABL.com posting #379930. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKZ4
Posted in reply to: Re: wreck out price by patriotspl
There are 0 replies to this message