Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: All these want adds: ..I've got work..need cr

This is true. The words prime and turn key have ruined this business for everyone. It clearly states in any SOW that the prime is to take all these financial obligations or insertions in account when bidding. They are to also have a certain ability to complete the work and  honor the contract deadlines (owned equipment, finances, staff and laborers on hand, etc given to MSO to be a prime to begin with)... Oh yeah and you HAVE to figure in kickbacks and everything else... But they dont. Or they can not compete with someone who actually can and so they slash rates and bid it cheap (they arent doing any actual work beyond the bidding and managing of resources so what do they care) and the end result is they CAN NOT pay a fair rate of pay. So they offer so little that you cant make money, they missclassify employees, or a lot of them offer contractors decent rates and just take advantage of them and lie, cheat, or still from them. I believe they should have the resources to do the work. If they are a good prime and do not underbid jobs just for the sake of staying in their home state or whatever the reason then they will have a small group of subs they can count on and everyone wins. I would not expect a guy to come to me looking for work that did not have a truck, tools, ability to go out and work ect in any one given field. To most on here it would be and is laughable. So why should an MSO not find it laughable a prime come to them expecting qualified candidates with ALL resources to do the job? And, again, if you are good then a dedicated number of contract crews and employees will be among those resources. Thats why it is so hard to find honest work on this site. It is full of trolls trolling because they either did not have the ability or ethics required to complete conctracts they have with resources they have told the MSO they had... its catv what are you gonna do...
This is CABL.com posting #379433. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKR3
Posted in reply to: Re: All these want adds: ..I've got work..need cr by skidmark167
There are 0 replies to this message