Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Comcast buys "Sky"

Dude: Back around 1980, myself and about 18 prime national contractors meet in Ka City for a meeting, in regards to starting a contractors association where we could exchange/leand crews/equipment/knowlege and pull together to help each other out, we wanted to stay away from being called in trying to unionized.   Even with that..I had MSO's warn me about tring to fix rates.  You can "Never" get enough field contractors behind you to start any thing.   A year after the meeting, I signed an international agreement with CWA out of Broolyn NY...worked St Louis/Chiago/NJ/NY/LA/KC/MCI long haul fiber/Portland...to many to remember.   CWA Union's is good for traveling contractor's, the laborers have no where to go to bitch. At least they had benefits, decent pay.  I went into Chicago as CWA..IBEW told me they didn't give a damn what I had...If I was to work in Chicago..it would be IBEW...so we went iBEW.
With present day MSO's..a union wouldn't  do you any good..unless your in a major metro system build.  Now if the local CWA/IBEW would put pressure on the MSO's to use Union Labor..then you would have something.... So just keep safe, enjoy life:  MicroMan

This is CABL.com posting #375922. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbJXq
Posted in reply to: Re: Comcast buys "Sky" by Cable_man
There are 0 replies to this message