Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: aerial construction: piece work or hourly?

24 years I've doing this and only had two hourly gigs that included production bonuses. This business is dying due to government regulations and worthless cutthroats which has created the greedy bastards. I'm second generation, I learned from the best and I am one of the best at construction, splicing, sweep and any aspect of this business except install. I have NO interest in climbing through peoples attics or cat piss crawl spaces nor will I deal with dumbass subscribers. Get as much as you can hourly and make it worth your while. Learn other trades because this trade is going to the wayside. The roller coaster ride had a lot of perks when I was younger, now it's devastating when it's time to pay the bills and all you hear is "day after tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow etc. or next week the job is gonna start". I have loved what I have done, the money i've made, the places i've gone, the people i've met, the bars i've fought in and the honey's I had,,(damn those quarters on the pool table) but now is the time to secure a wage because if it's maintenance the production money is simply not there but if you're good,the security is. Good luck. 
This is CABL.com posting #370196. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbIs4
Posted in reply to: aerial construction: piece work or hourly? by PeterKramell
There are 0 replies to this message