Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New Boots

It seems that you are easily amused friend. After 24 years of climbing "POWER POLES" placing cable on them in hundreds of eavesments to interstate crossings from I-5 in washington state to I-4 in orlando florida it was never a question of who owned the poles. Thank you for taking the time to enlighten those of us that may have never realized such secretive information Btw, I have set the poles and built the cable on many plant extensions of cable owned poles as well. 

With that said, in those years the climbers with the most experience in climbing that I have come across have been catv linemen. Most power lineman I have known have NEVER made a living climbing poles. Much of their experience was during their training to learn how to climb a pole. You will never see a power linemen use their safety on the strand standing straight out on a pole to reach a bugnut or lasher. You will never see a power linemen shimmy out midspan to free a hung lasher over a creek or river. You will never see a power lineman climb 20-30 poles multiple times in a single day. I have all the respect for power lineman but there is little need for them these days to make their living climbing sticks whereas catv lineman do it day in and day out across the country. I personally learned to climb from an old school power/phone/catv lineman over 20 years ago. (Rip Dick Newton)

I'm certain that I speak for many here when I say that we are glad we can entertain you and bring forth your sarcasm of ignorance. Last, I would simply like to inform you that catv lineman don't usually need to climb a lift pole because we don't hang drops.

When you have worn out your first pair of triple stitched, triple soled fiber/steel shanked lineboots from climbing and not riding aroung in the truck come back and tell us all about it. 

I wear a custom made pair of "Whites" boots formerly "buffalo boot company" out of spokane washington. Great boots. Currently in need of new soles due to the groove cut in them from climbing poles. 

This is CABL.com posting #368326. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbHYU
Posted in reply to: Re: New Boots by MAZZOCCO07
There are 0 replies to this message