Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bear Communications

At least Bear is monitoring and responsive to the problems here they are hearing about.  I have been in situations where a local manager wasn't thinking about the big picture and when a negative post was on here we dealt with it and came to a fair resolution for both sides.  it is rare that someone complaining on here is being 100% truthful and the story is usually one sided.  Take everything you here on this site with a grain of salt.  We have all worked with guys that did not get their paperwork in on time or correctly, maintain the proper insurances, and maintain a professional attitude. 

Boy have there been so many changes in this industry over the last 5 years that have really negatively impacted to true professional sub-contractor, the ones that took pride in their work, could out produce most techs, and at the end of the day make a good living for themselves.  There is hope that google will bring a better pay to a higher level of technician but like most startups, they are going through their own growing pains.  Anyone that wants to stay on top MUST learn and acquire a fiber splicer for about 3-8k.  You must not only be able to hang the drop, but produce quality splices that pass 99.99% of the testing.  I think that we have hit the bottom of the pricing for installs and believe that the pricing will be going up simply because of Obama-care most companies are having a hard time getting manpower to stay on board. 

I had not been on here in a very long time and still see some of the old names (Bushmaster) that I have had the privilage of working with over the years.  There is always going to be companies that come and go over the years.  Anyone with some experience can tell the ones that are reputable from the ones that are not.  Good luck to everyone here looking for the right workplace so that they can take care of their families. 
This is CABL.com posting #358532. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFqW
Posted in reply to: Re: Bear Communications by Bear Comm
There are 0 replies to this message