Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need advice

Some good advice. No guarantees here, BUT, the normal SWM LNB comes with a 21 Volt power supply. I have a buddy we hooked up in the woods around 290 feet from his house to the OUTSIDE of his house (then figure length of inside cable + loss of 4-way splitter) with a RG-6 cable run USING a 29 Volt power supply and everything (5 tuners) has been working fine for over a year now. The 29 Volt power supply generally is used with the SWM 8 & 16 switches.

My thought process would be to run the 350 ft run with RG-11 above ground to test it first WITH a 29 Volt power supply. As others have said, it SHOULD work. The ONLY issue is, IF an installer will try it since they won't do the install if they THINK it won't pass the IV (install verification) test, plus they don't carry RG-11. 

Your signal may be lower than the IV test requires, but it WILL work fine.

i HAD an old head end running off an 800 ft run of RG-11 (4 lines from Dish) standard def, When we upgraded to a Com1000 HD headend (SWM32 switch) it needed a line amp.....

As someone else stated, I'd TRY it as is with a new HD dish using the RG-6, use a 29 Volt power inserter, chances are it will work. Personally, I'd test it with RG-11 though.

hope that helps.
This is CABL.com posting #357462. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbE9G
Posted in reply to: Need advice by walknroll
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Need advice KrellcomComm 9/15/2013 3:10:27 PM
Re: Need advice walknroll 9/14/2013 11:18:31 PM
Re: Need advice 1FARMER 9/13/2013 11:32:19 AM