Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable Sales, could it be my next adventure?

It really helps to have the right personality (outgoing), but even more important, you should be able to brush off rejection as if it never happened, and hit the next door with a smile, time after time. The polite rejections aren't dificult for most to handle, but to stick with it, you have to be able to deal with the obnoxious and angry rejections. If you can do that, and you have the ability to be friendly, courtious, articulate, and persistant, there's a great chance you would do very well for yourself.

In the interest of fair disclosure, in my experience the average sales person doesn't tend to work very hard, and many, if not most "exaggerate" what they make.  But the kind of potential you heard about is certainly doable, at least for someone with the right traits and work ethic!

Sorry, I don't know anything about the contractors in that area, and haven't been involved in sales in quite a few years now. I likely won't ever do sales again myself, as I'm naturally introverted, and always felt like I was intruding on other's personal time. I just never felt comfortable kncking on doors. However, for those that do, the best at it do quite well for themselves. One never knows until they try.

Good luck to you!
This is CABL.com posting #354303. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEkJ
Posted in reply to: Cable Sales, could it be my next adventure? by billybl35
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cable Sales, could it be my next adventure? KrellcomComm 4/25/2013 9:13:10 PM