Create your free account now! Sign up

Greetings fellow dawgs.

Greetings fellow dawgs,

I have not been on the site for a while; hung up my hooks a few years ago, my old body was breaking down faster than it could repair itself.

Another sleepless night and thought I would check in to see how things are going.

I spent 20 some odd years humping my ass for others and loved most of it.  I started off doing installs to MDU’s then many great years spent in line construction and splicing.  It was great work and for the most part many great people that I had the honor of working with.  I met many good people and a few A-holes along my journey and during most jobs I made some really good friends that I have touch with over the years.

With nostalgia kicking in, I had to stop in for a peek of how the industry is doing.  During my last couple of years of climbing sticks it got harder and harder to get paid, that’s one reason why I moved on to different things.  That and of course old age was getting the best of me.  I spent a couple of years trying the insurance thing.  Now, with home being in west Texas I’ve turned into oilfield trash.  Drill baby drill!!!

That is enough about me.

I was just wondering how the industry has been treating those still busting ass to make a living.  Are the MSO’s still nickel and diming y’all to death?  I remember when I first started I got paid well for doing good work.  Good old honest labor for a fair price.  The last couple of years of surfing the site it seemed that most post where about crappy prices and stupid charge backs.  Granted there are slackers in every business but I do know many hard working dawgs that were continuing to get the shaft. 

Has that changed at all or is it still the norm?  If it is then I say damn the deep pocket greedy bastards that make it hard to make an honest living.  Karma is a bitch.

I could go on and on about the ups and downs I’m sure that all have been through.

I just wanted to say God bless those true dawgs that do the job right the first time and I often think about y’all.  I keep you all in my prayers that you stay safe and hope you get paid what your worth.

Once a dawg, always a dawg.

God bless,

Clay

This is CABL.com posting #352092. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDK4
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Greetings fellow dawgs. WildBill63 1/24/2013 10:31:53 AM
Re: Greetings fellow dawgs. oldmanh 1/23/2013 11:58:38 PM
Re: Greetings fellow dawgs. TELECOMM109 1/23/2013 4:08:57 PM
Re: Greetings fellow dawgs. brentpick 1/22/2013 11:54:11 AM