Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 11-24-12

Here is the thing, it is not about "being good" or religion, or church. It is about a relationship with the One who created you and loves you unconditionally. In His image we are created, with a living soul and the ability to choose whether we want to accept or reject Him. If he created us any other way, it wouldn't be love. Forced love isn't love at all. The Bible doesn't try to take away joy or pleasure, but guides us so that we don't have to suffer the consequences for bad decisions. It points us to our sin and the inability to pay the debt for that sin, creating the need for a savior, which God provided in Jesus Christ. The Bible points us to Jesus and the fact that we have an opportunity for redemption and reconciliation to God through the sacrifice of His Son. It reveals the love He has for each and every one of us. The Bible may not answer every single question man has, but it answers enough of what needs to be answered, and the power of the Gospel to transform lives is a miracle in itself. Each one of us has a decision to make; to accept Him or reject Him. To spend eternity with Him, or separated from Him. With such serious implications, I feel one should exhaust every effort to seek the Truth in this matter. Your decision is between you and God. I just try to share what is on my heart, in hopes it may help someone else to come to the saving grace that is afforded each one of us.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #350674. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDoc
Posted in reply to: Re: 11-24-12 by jmiller
There are 0 replies to this message