Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CATV is losing talent

I was an installer 30 years ago...did 8 to 10 "FULLS" a day...all new everything...drop, ground block, grounding, new line to each TV...nothing prewired...did each job like it was a work of art...everything neat, clean and to spec. And yes, just like today, there were in house guys that did the sloppiest job that you could imagine. I got QC'd and they didn't. I had to laugh at them when on occasion we had to work together...usually bailing them out of a schedule they couldn't complete. They were totally inefficient and sloppy...getting paid hourly with no incentive to bust their ass and no QC to worry about. But, and the reason I have a problem with todays installers, is the constant bitching and whining. I did my job with pride. I knew, and in house knew that I was the best and they couldn't do half the work that I could. I moved up to construction and engineering for the money and because I wanted to learn. I still don't bitch and complain and consider myself among the best. I've been there and done that and have every right to say that installers on this sight are a dime a dozen. Those that bitch about their job are usually the ones that are doing a bad job. Do your job with pride and focus on youself instead of all the negatives. Amen
This is CABL.com posting #347623. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCAZ
Posted in reply to: Re: CATV is losing talent by KCable785
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: CATV is losing talent KrellcomComm 9/2/2012 11:51:13 AM