Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: No per diem on a prevailing wage (Simulus) Pro

Speedlash-Sir, I have to admit that in the days gone by I worked around some fairly rough situations. However that had diminished significantly some 20 years ago (in the Northwest), so really the wild wild west of line construction was over 30+ years ago. It has been a while now, that backgrounds, urine searches, then CDL's, traffic controll certs., ect. are required.
Maybe you are thinking of twenty or thirty years ago.
  As for your comment: You Guys.... I contend that it is more likely Jippo contractors with shakey, fearful constitutions who propogate a depressed rate and wage problems.

Any way you proove my complaint. In your mind the "typical Vagabond Lineman".
Your numbers show Gross wages and do not distinguish the benift portion that you can not access and the associated cost. You subtract Motel expense, however no mention of other living expenses. Living expenses are some of the best compensation that can be made, being tax free to the employer and employee.
This is CABL.com posting #346350. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCgs
Posted in reply to: Re: No per diem on a prevailing wage (Simulus) Pro by SpeedLasher
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: No per diem on a prevailing wage (Simulus) Pro SpeedLasher 7/24/2012 7:55:06 PM