Create your free account now! Sign up

WARNING To All Cable Installers! Please Read---&gt

I am writing this post to reach out to as many people as possible to warn them about a comcast cable contracting company names Source Broadband Services LLC (SBB). Their main office is located in Norcross Georgia. The office I was working for was located in Tennessee. I was working for SBB for 4 years. I was a triple play technician who would pull a daily route of up to 10 jobs, do them right with no complaints. I was known as one of the top techs. I was also the only Latino to work out of the TN office. I want to tell you that I was discriminated against. I was "forced" to take on other technicians work after I finished my daily route. The same people who day to day were unable to finish the 5 or 6 jobs they were given. I was told that I could NOT go home unless I picked up other work. I was called a "spic" one morning when I walked into the office by my project manager (PM). I was promised promotions on three different occasions; passed over for promotion to technicians with lower work quota's. I approached the PM regarding my numbers and when I asked to compare my numbers to the tech who received the promotion my quota was way better. No answer was given as to why I didn't receive the promotion. This happened 3 times. I also waned to know how I was compensated for each job. I asked the PM for a sheet showing the per piece rate. Since we got paid on a point system. They stated they do some mathematical equation with the "points" for each job and they figure how how much cash we make that way. So they denied me proof of knowing how much I was making working for them. I approached another comcast contractor to see if they had a pay sheet and lo and behold, they had readily available. I was written up 3 days in a row for being late to the office but never late to any jobs. I was told if I did not sign the warnings that I couldn't get my route for the day. There were many other employees who walked in to the office after me and the PM just turned his head. Last year when I was approached by a supervisor about a promotion. I agreed that I wanted this position. Well in April of 2011 I went into the office and was looking for my route. i was told I didn't have one and to see the PM. I thought "Yes, today is the day I get my promotion" Well that was false. When I went to see the PM he fired me for being late. Which is complete bull crap. If I was late so was everyone else. I walked out very, very upset, angry, frustrated. How can a company I worked my ass for treat me in such a way? Well of course I applied for unemployment which the company appealed and won because they fired me because I was late. The day after I was fired I went to the EEOC and filed a discrimination charge. When I spoke to the EEOC investigator she told me the reason they gave her for firing me was insubordination. But yet they wrote to the unemployment office that it was because I was late to work. So which is it?? I'm sorry this has been so long but I just wanted to give you a heads up about Source Broadband Services LLC. There are many other instances that have happened but I would need to write a book for all that.  FYI: Approximately 1 year after I was fired the Tennessee office of SBB closed. Comcast canceled their contract with them. From what I am hearing the PM still works for SBB but in another state. I am still working with the EEOC after the settlement they offered was about 2 months of pay. If it wasn't for this company discriminating against me I would have still been working there. I asked for a year of salary as a settlement. They refused. Well they better be prepared,  because once we go to court that amount will go way up. The plus for me.... I have many ex-coworkers who were witness to what was happening and are willing to testify on my behalf. Thank you for listening. If you have any questions feel free to message me.
This is CABL.com posting #345271. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBY3
There are 14 replies to this message
Re: WARNING To All Cable Installers! Please Read-- snetfieldtech 8/10/2012 9:35:00 AM
Re: WARNING To All Cable Installers! Please Read-- chrisfrommemphis 8/1/2012 3:54:47 AM
Re: WARNING To All Cable Installers! Please Read-- scoredfitting 7/4/2012 11:56:32 PM