Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Major storm damage in Alabama

Greedy mso's and primes. It takes them 40-60 % to pickup the paper work, stock the warehouse, and write a check when they get paid ( or even weeks after they get paid).  All the  time they are adding more to our jobs and they don't care because it doesn't directly cost them when they use subs. They still make money off the top regardless of whether you do or not.  You make two hundred dollars they probably made that also, and who do you think had more money and time in it? The sub does almost always.  Don't get me wrong there are alot good primes out there. But there alot of brokers out there who cant do the work, may not even have the equipment to do the work have let this business get to where it did 10-12 years ago.( You want ground rods and vgr's for free.  I don't care I don't have to do it.)  This was actually told to me by a ex regional manager for a company that was a 50 million plus a year back in 1996.  But that free term is actually not correct.  The correct word is COMPOSITE!!!!!!!  Actually We are gettting paid for it we just have to refigure the price in our head so it works out and we don't feel like we are doing it for free .  HAHAHAHA that is is a joke as is most of this industry. The extra work is usually worth more than the actual line item.   Next  A prime needs to have more than the sub!!!  More money,  more equipment, more people, and at least as much, or more knowledge of the work!!!  People that can't do the work shouldn't be able to have a input on prices, specs or anything else.  But they do.  Alot of these people couldn't manage a fruit or lemonade stand. They think it is harder to pick up and handout the work than it is to actually go do it.  They really  believe that they are the ones that get the work done,  not the man that is out sweating. There are still REAL, good primes out there but they are getting hard to find.  But when subs keep getting cut, and cut they can cut the primes price 10-20% and still make more money than they were.  This has happened alot in the past and helped cut our prices over the years.  So everyone needs to be fair and reasonable and not so greedy. Everyone scratches everyone else's back, the rich man and the poor man alike both need each other.  I have always shown my name as I don't need to try to hide behind some user name that noone knows.  And anyone who knows me or that has worked for me as a sub knows that I was honest and fair. Good luck to everyone and be safe!
This is CABL.com posting #326378. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbw4k
Posted in reply to: Re: Major storm damage in Alabama by MCSub
There are 0 replies to this message