Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Whats up with if you get hurt on the job you g

Having employees means having comp insurance, as an employer I support this for my protection and the protection of my employees. I want my employees to do a great job safely but accidents do happen and this is why we have insurance. The problem for me is the employee who gets injured and takes advantage of the situation and lies to me and the doctors. I had a man fall down while walking and twisted his knee, he received medical attention within 30 minutes of the accident and was told he had a slight sprain and that he would miss a few weeks of work. I paid the man for three weeks out of pocket and after that let the insurance take over. Six months later after having Knee surgery the truth came out. There was NOTHING WRONG with his knee and he had been faking to have the summer off. It was hard for me to take him back, but I did because the law says I have too. I went out of my way to give the man a position working light duty flagging traffic six hours a day and he quit two weeks later because flagging was not what he wanted to do. I'm sorry that employers don't take care of good workers but you can see how a injured worker could be a liability.  I wish all you the best and work safe and smart and be honest and maybe you will be lucky enough to work for someone that cares about you. If your employer doesn't care about you find one that does there are still some of us out here. And remember its just as hard for us to find good employees but we cant give up!
This is CABL.com posting #325815. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwVf
There is 1 reply to this message