Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Rainbow effect

You got that right! You know you getting old and have been so many places, when you wake up in the morning and don't know what country you are in never mind what time zone! That used to happen with me when I was with Philips Broadband. Forget the years, they just "blend" together!

Yep, I remember the "pork chop". Think I might have one in storage somewhere. To a non-cable person, one might confuse it for some type of device purchased in an adult store!

Yes, I worked on many HRC systems in Southern California. That "comb generator" was a major pain. As a matter of fact, I also remember installing and aligning microwave filters in the older satellite receivers. They were strung together in series if needed. The I.F. was at 230-MHz and the tunable filters were centered at 220 and 240-MHz. I would be paged almost every 6-hours and have to go to the headend and re-adjust the filters on numerous receivers because the ingress would trash the receivers I.F. and cause wicked beats and garbage in the video! Seems like it is still 1986, I can still remember what songs were on the radio!

That was around the same time that (if memory serves me right) the Disney Channel was not 24-hours and shared a transponder channel with Playboy or some other skin channel. We would have to install a "AC timer" switch in-line with the modulator to shut off after 8PM PST. If it did not work, you'd see skin on Disney!

Don't get me started! I could ramble on all night!!!!!

Greg

This is CABL.com posting #322536. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbv4m
Posted in reply to: Re: Rainbow effect by cable407
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Rainbow effect cable407 3/4/2011 2:52:10 PM