Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Fuckin' Installers...Once again.

"I don't have a meter."  Therein lies your clue.  When I used to interview potential installers who were claiming they could do the work in their sleep I would toss em a length of RG-6 some fittings and my tool pouch and say "good, cut and make me a 3 foot jumper" a few jumped to task and did fine. Some couldn't figure out which hand tool did what (dis not me tools man, I used to my tools), some actually tried to prep the cable with the cutters ( a couple asked where I kept my box cutter), some tried putting the 59 fittings I tossed to them on the RG-6 (some got them on LMAO), some would ask "why you want me to make a jumper" to which I would reply "NEXT", the list goes on and on.

Real techs don't need to be trained, and I found the best new employees to train were the ones fresh out of school who at 19 or 20 would make the best students when they learned about how much they could make back then.

So in short blame the people that hired this guy as obviously they have no clue themselves cause they can't sniff out a installer from a poser.

This is CABL.com posting #322312. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbv0K
Posted in reply to: Fuckin' Installers...Once again. by hookman 81
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Fuckin' Installers...Once again. skidmark 3/3/2011 1:09:47 AM
Re: Fuckin' Installers...Once again. eesjr 3/2/2011 10:52:31 PM