Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: My little lineman.

So very sorry for you and your family,I know what you are feeling and will be in our prayers. It's been almost thirteen years now since we lost our sixteen year old son and I can only tell you that you will learn to live with it. They are right, don't beat yourself up over this as it wasn't your fault, beleive me I've tried all of that and it doesn't change anything. I can only tell you that this will be the hardest thing that you will ever have to go thru. Lean on your friends, hold onto your wife, and stay busy. Don't let anyone tell you how to greive or for how long, thats up to you. You may find yourself doing some weird stuff but again thats ok too. I still travel and have been doing this cable stuff for thirty years now, pride myself on being very good at what I do. About five years ago I was out on the west coast working for a good friend of mine and he is very familiar with the way that I used to operate, but I am different now. I'm still very good at what I do but do things differently, he made a comment to me that he wished that the old me would come back, maybe he had forgotten what I had been thru. I wish I'd have thought to tell him that that person didn't exist anymore. You may be a different person after going through this but thats alright, hold onto your values and steer a steady course.  
This is CABL.com posting #318618. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbu3a
Posted in reply to: My little lineman. by psychotron
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: My little lineman. figure8 12/21/2010 8:43:00 PM