Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: subcontracting

I didn't get paid for training 30 years ago when everybody that passed by was yelling "I want my MTV"...the good old innocent days of cable when people were thrilled to get add'l channels and had a huge grin on their faces when they saw their picture turn from snowy to crystal clear. They gave you a big thank you and often a nice tip and didn't care if you had to drill a hole in the side of the house or through their hardwood floor. But that free training was a bargain for me...I didn't know a damn thing about the business and it started a 30 year very lucrative career. To get to the point, I've since been trained to build, splice, sweep and you name it. I got paid for some training and not paid for other training. It didn't matter to me. I learned alot either way and was very thankful for the knowledge. So if you are a sub and need a bit of training to get up to spec, accept it whether you get paid or not. If you are an employer and you need to bring on a sub that needs a bit of training, if it's good for business, kick him a few bucks. Almost everybody needs a bit of training to get up to spec when they start in a new system. This sub-employer crap is ridiculous...Do what is works best for you at the time...nobody gets hurt...the gov gets their money...the sub learns something and the employer gets a more knowledgeable sub....Amen
This is CABL.com posting #316100. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuoy
Posted in reply to: subcontracting by MScommunication
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: subcontracting bushmaster 10/26/2010 9:12:28 AM