Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Americas Team

parts of the article are below. I can provide many more. And here is the link to the whole thing

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703453804575479961782758620.html

Not surprisingly, the survey confirms that America's team is, in fact, "America's Team," as in the Dallas Cowboys. In the final ranking, they were a stunning 23% more popular than the No. 2 team, their old rivals the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Giants were next, followed by three of the four teams in the NFC's North division: the Chicago Bears, the Green Bay Packers and the Vikings.

The Cowboys are on top in part because they're popular to begin with. Nielsen counted the total number of viewers of a team's national broadcasts from last season, rather than the average. So in most cases the more a team was picked to play in front of a national audience, the better it did. The Cowboys, who led the league last year with six national appearances, had a whopping 117 million viewers.

Like I said, I can provide more facts of surveys and money......Dallas is the most popular whether anyone likes it (and most do) or not. Having said that, I appreciate fans of any team who are loyal to them. I have been a fan since 1973 and stuck with them when they had a 1 win season and when, ugh, Jerry Jones bought the team and fired Landry without so much as a meeting. But I am not going to hate a team because I don't like the owner........the team is what matters not the owner. So stay strong with your teams guys........I respect that.
This is CABL.com posting #313507. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtIJ
Posted in reply to: Re: Americas Team by oldlinedawg
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Americas Team johnrussell 9/15/2010 8:34:32 PM