Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What motels do you choose?

Hmmmm Some real good advise...

In the past I have always tried to stay at the real nice places like someone mentioned. It was a real kitchen and a real bedroom but it would cost me like 80 a night. It was a write off at the end of the year but all it does is lower your taxable income. So you end up not getting "all your money back".

As most of you don't know the PHX job went bad and I am back on the road. So this time I am at one of those crappy hotels. I really don't think it is that bad it just looks like crap from the outside. Honestly it really isn't that much worse than the 80 dollar a night place. I end up working until 8 or 830 and so really do I care that it feels like an apt? I was always a big believer that I would sell more if I was happier in a nicer place.. I think it's the opposite.. I sell more because I don't want to stay in this hotel. 

I have really really been considering the RV motorhome thing. It would be nice to have something to call my own. Even though it's not a real house but it would be nice to not have to haul all my crap around from one hotel to another. I have found a pretty good deal on a diesel pusher for less than 20,000. I think it is a 1999 but it's like taking the next leap actually buying it. I mean in this business you get to sent to an "amazing/awesome" job and when you get there it's nothing what they told you. Now I just lugged my damn RV 2000 miles for some manager that lied to me. Honestly I am pretty close to doing the RV thing but not sure if I should go cheap like 20,000 or something great like 125,000. CONFUSED... ANY IMPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED from the guys that do the RV thing..

Finally a discussion worth reading!

SALESDAWG

This is CABL.com posting #305396. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrBU
Posted in reply to: Re: What motels do you choose? by zwinger
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What motels do you choose? GlobalPointData 6/15/2010 9:18:50 AM