Create your free account now! Sign up

Man do I miss the road.

Pretty funny that I think about my life. Being 36 now I reflect on all the good and bad times I had growing up in a telecom world. At 18 my Dad tells me he has a job lined up for me that would make a man out of me. Boy was he right. My first day was on a fiber crew and my foreman was a dick. He sends me up a pole and wouldn't tell me how to get down.(Climbing up was the easy part). But I tell ya I loved the rush I got. Legs a little shaky heart racing. God I miss those days.Then came the traveling. At twenty two I had been to New York ,Vermont, Maine, Philly, Cincinnati and Austin.I miss the friends I had and the people that played such an intricate part in taking an 18 year old punk and making him a man. Reefer, Walt Loughlin,Frank Overton, Richie and Rob and so many more. Now I am a father of three and working in Data/Security Systems back in NY. I realize that I never really said thanks to all the guys who trained me and helped me along in my career. So if your out there,know I never forgot how I got where I did and who helped me along the way,so I thank you.And to all you rookies out there enjoy these days as you too may be sitting at the pc years from now reflecting on what might be some of your fondest memories. One D ring flat footed comes to mind, Hey I wonder if I can still do it........lasher one handed behind the back jumping poles and collecting six packs.....running the lasher out of wire and giving them back.God do I miss those days.....Till next time....

G Miller
AKA Beaver
This is CABL.com posting #303425. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbq57
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Man do I miss the road. LocoDawg 5/20/2010 9:35:41 PM