Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DirecTV

its not a hard setup.. givin the information.. its pretty simple.. and yes..it can get pricey depending on what way you go..

option 1

use ONE HD receiver, hdmi out to a HDMI distribution amp.. whatever size you need .. make sure its POWERED.. dont mess with cheap bullshit non powered.. it wont even pull signal .. either run seperate HDMI cables from the dist amp to the tv's or you can use CAT5 hdmi extenders .. they can get pricey but you can get the 1080i out if it if its less than 300 ft.. same with the cables.. keep them short as possible and try to centralize the dist. amp.

Option 2..

use ONE HD receiver, use COMPONENT out to a COMPONENT Distribution amp, instead of buying the component cables.. use a good quality RG-6 cable and some quality rca type compression fittings .. it will be cheaper to do it that way.. then do the same for dvd and use a composite video/audio again making the cables out of the rg6. always use powered distribution amps.. dont bother with the non powered.. they work fine for 2-3 tv's on very short runs.. but anything other than that.. forget it.. especially in commercial

option 3.. use a rf modulator to tv out for both the sat. rec. and the dvd player.. and use a signal combiner to combine the signals into one line.. make sure to spread the channels out.. i.e dont use channel 3 for the sat. rec. and channel 4 for the dvd.. use one high and one low.. then run to splitter with a good amp.. put the splitter about half way between the rec and the tv's with the amp before the splitter but after the rec. .. keep a few attenuators handy incase your signal is too high at the tv's and you get some bars on it.. dont use the old throw a splitter in backwards trick to take signal down.. in the long run it will cause more headache..

personally the best way is option 1.. that way you can get hdmi.. and i would use the powered hdmi extenders .. will run a nice long hdmi run over cat5.. gets costly... but its done right. good luck

btw.. if its not an hd receiver.. forget option 1 and 2.. and go with 3.
Steve
This is CABL.com posting #302627. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqTf
Posted in reply to: Re: DirecTV by They Done Wrong
There are 0 replies to this message