Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Plasma TV failure

I have to agree with the other posts about how samsung sucks.. the ONLY reason they are 'rated' so good is not cause they are good sets.. its cause they are EVERYWHERE.... walmart.. sams.. best buy.. etc .. i have had 2 in my life.. (first one was branded viore and turned out samsung made it.. it gave out 2 days after the warranty was gone.. it was a dlp.. kept overheating.. no one would even LOOK at this tv.. so i took it apart..and it turned out the fan that is used to cool the light bulb in it was pulling HOT air off of the power supply and blowing it over the bulb.. then out of the tv.. so i turned the fan around.. to pull the cold air in the back.. and across the bulb and never had a problem with it again... but i now have a mitsubishi 65 inch dlp .. and a mitsubishi 62 in dlp. and im friggen sold.. hell with the plasma.. or the lcd.. i will stick with the dlp.. if it goes out.. replace the bulb.. done .. parts are cheaper as far as the others go.. and they are cheaper to work on.. had my 65 inch for just over 2 years and picture is still bright and crisp.. and its on all the time (my 3 year old likes his disney)
Steve
This is CABL.com posting #301683. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqD1
Posted in reply to: Plasma TV failure by xxxmoto
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Plasma TV failure Splicer Life 4me 5/2/2010 2:15:56 AM