Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Where did the jobs go

Island, the way you were busting my balls the other day here on the Bar

Hey lasher I am with you on the hack installer idea but do us all a favor and dont generalize please I am an "Installer" I have done both commercial and residential I have been asked by in house tech-ops supervisors to help train in-house techs
I have been asked for by some of the highest profile customers in the business (who will go un-named)
I come highly reccomended by a lot of high power people
I have also done exactly what you suggest I have gotten out of the install business and I am currently taking some time off i would love to move up to construction/maintennance/lineman or whatever you would like to call it but I cant seem to break in so for now I will just enjoy the time off.

Please dont take offense to this post but I take pride in my work and it is insulting when someone takes a shot at solid techs like myself

You sounded like someone with 30+ years in the trade, but with only 5 years, son you are still wet behind the ears, as I said in my other post

The ones that KNOW they are good don't come on here ringing their bell, trying to defend the very same people that have given the installers a bad name THE HACKS,

Sorry Dude I am so glad I was on the Construction end of the trade so I didn't have to deal with the cable cowboys

Go out with a Line Crew and pull a double lashed lasher all day long, get on the dumb end of the rope and make it a day then, maybe someone will listen to what you have to say, and this very reason I am glad I am out of the industry, Still wet behind the ears and knows it all.

I need to drink my beer and watch the boats go by from my ocean front view, it's nice to be retired in paradise.. It's a new breed of cable
This is CABL.com posting #299650. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbp7e
Posted in reply to: Re: Where did the jobs go by islandcable
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Where did the jobs go LocoDawg 4/14/2010 9:54:49 PM
Re: Where did the jobs go islandcable 4/14/2010 7:26:05 PM