Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Independant Contractor? Read This

Awful big word there Wigger. You either looked that up in your thesaurus or you are somewhat of an educated person…….AND…..that was not a line of BS. So I can only assume you spent a good minute in that little book otherwise you would know it’s simple business economics, free enterprise, capitalism. Love it or hate it.

Secondly you have taken me all wrong. Not once did I say I agreed with lower rates than when most of us got into business nor did I say I liked it…..I DON’T. But some think the answer is squealing to the IRS because you don’t think you are making enough money…..IT’S NOT. All that will do is force the prime to have employees. Which, guess what, means even lower rates because the MSO isn’t going to come off of another nickel.

And to you Cableho…….I will have to agree with you that if the $100 is not enough to cover costs and make a profit then don’t bother……but you are only partially right on this. You see most MSO’s don’t go through a “bid process” per say. They tell the prime what they are going to pay, how they are going to pay it and when they are going to pay it. Doesn’t sound like a bid to me. So in most cases don’t blame the prime for under-bidding.

I am not saying there are not some piss poor primes out there. In fact I have worked for a few. But it was my choice as to whether I stayed with it or found something better. A GOOD prime will pay out to a sub 60 to 70 percent, which in all actuality is fair, regardless of how much or how little their rate is. That in turn draws the cream off the top in the industry to perform the work…better pay right…huh, better people. Here goes that perpetual motion I was talking about. Find a decent prime, do your best work and before you know it there is a good thing going, quality work, satisfied subs and low and behold an appreciative MSO. They may be few and far between but they are out there.

Look around people, it’s not just the telecom industry that has taken a hit, MOST industry across the US has. Again…there is nothing I like about the scenario…It stinks….but many of you are barking up the wrong tree! Bottom line……..throw your prime to the IRS dogs and it will just lower rates.
This is CABL.com posting #294980. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mboTU
Posted in reply to: Re: Independant Contractor? Read This by TDD1
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Independant Contractor? Read This oowopetu 3/15/2010 6:03:31 PM
Re: Independant Contractor? Read This Cowboy3939 3/10/2010 2:42:54 PM
Re: Independant Contractor? Read This altec 3/10/2010 2:07:03 PM