Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: For those that have turkey on Thanksgiving

First let my explain how Time flies...My earliest memories are of my second birthday, now that day we celebrated a year that was one half of my life! Now at fifty I will be celebrating a year that is ... well you get it. Ya know what Groucho said,"Time flies like an arrow>>>---->Fruitflies like bananas!!!

I like to roast and bake my bird, just a little more traditional, I guess. It's more involved, with more ingrediants and more time consuming. But thanksgiving is not a time to be in a hurry and I savor the the process and the holiday. I have found a recipe by Alton Brown that involves a 6 hour brine soak for the bird, aromatic spice and herb mixture in the bird (instead of stuffing, which can be dangerous and dries out the meat) and a two stage cooking procedure. First at 500 degrees for 30 minutes then, cover the breast with foil, and bake at 350 until the breast meat is at 165 degrees. The brine mixture is mostly spiced vegetable stock and ice water. While I'm so occupied Santa's little helpers are doing they're thing. I've used this technique twice and I don't think I will ever deviate from it. Friends and family don't forget it...this year there is more to feed! so I guess I'll be a little busier. I don't mind...The more the merrier!!!

I hope we all have a Great Thanksgiving!
Let us remember how fortunate we are and why.
This is CABL.com posting #280894. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbleI
Posted in reply to: For those that have turkey on Thanksgiving by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message