Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Speed of upload and download Info Please?

Thanks guys. That is the info I was waiting to know I guess. All the computers are older XP ones and 512 memory or less depending on the one I am on. Router is a G but used only for the grand kids wireless laptops when they come over. My son does the most complaining and I only complain when I need something fast and have to stop and feed and water my horse so to speak At 40 he just need to get over it I guess

The test I just ran on speedtest showed dn at 7.92 and that was testing from me in New Bern to Wilson NC and within suddenlink I think? Its around 60 miles. I have no idea how to test here to the head end. We were just forward splicers so never got into any thing else and didn't need to at the time. Now I have retired at 63 and be really retired when I sell my truck and equipment but been waiting for a little turnaround economy wise before I put it all up for sell. I am not going to give my truck away its to nice and low miles but most people just don't have money right now so I wait

Thanks again for all the helpful info. I will do some checking on how to test direct to my head end. With all the fiber tree that they ran when it was Cox I am not real sure where it is? It might be Wilson?

Hope some work breaks loose some where for you guys because I know its tough. I have been in the industry for well over 48 years and bad is bad and that is now for sure
This is CABL.com posting #267676. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhNw
Posted in reply to: Re: Speed of upload and download Info Please? by sab3r
There are 0 replies to this message