Create your free account now! Sign up

Speed of upload and download Info Please?

My son tells me that in the we hrs of the morning our service might be down from 30 min to 3 hrs and when it comes back on and he clicks on a link it opens with say the speed of light and then by say 7 or 8 its slows down? I can relate to that as people get online and the net gets bombarded with people. Right now I am do this dw 3.08 mbps and up 526k bps normally my down is just under a T2 line around high 4 or low 5's. So not real sure what the problem is? I have seen it in the 5 off my wireless G card in my other building and then seen it go down to what I am right now??
Do any of you techs have an answer? Is it Suddenlink or is is something going on within my own cable after it leaves the ground block that could cause the large difference saw within 1 hour?

Thanks

My son and I do telephone splicing 23 years and can upgrade cable systems 15+ years to get ready for Internet and digital but that is as for as we go and the rest is not in our capabilities or expertise sadly to say.
This is CABL.com posting #267598. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhMg
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Speed of upload and download Info Please? RobertHernandez 9/8/2009 1:33:25 PM
Re: Speed of upload and download Info Please? lazarust326 9/1/2009 9:45:15 PM
Re: Speed of upload and download Info Please? einstein999 8/30/2009 11:17:41 PM
Re: Speed of upload and download Info Please? RadioMan 8/29/2009 11:59:24 PM