Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: our prez

A lot of people knock the stimulus package, but there-in lies a number of first steps towards righting the worng of ignoring long-term growth vs short-term rewards.  There's new money to run Fiber to the schools, rebuild schools, Pell Grants, technology investments, power grid improvements, fiber to remote communities, and more funding for K-12 so we don't have to lay-off teachers.  These and more are great first-steps to get us back on track.  The guy's been in office for 100 days and already he's moved us forward in our pursuits of a better America.

As for the Ipod, I too thought that was a bone-head move, until I heard the rest of the story.  Apparently the Queen really loves Rodgers and Hammerstein.  Those two guys wrote the music for musicals such as "Oklahoma, Carousel, The King and I, and South Pacific."  It may be hard to believe for those of us under 50, but the American musical and the idea of Broadway, before Rent, were a massive cultural export.  She, like a lot of old people, loves this stuff.  The Obama's gave her an autograhed song book by Richard Rodgers in addition to the Ipod loaded with video of her trip as well as Rodger's and Hammerstein songs.  What do you give the woman who has everything?  A great trip down memory lane with songs from her era (WWII).

As for the Saudi King...  Bad idea. I can't believe he did that.  Bush and his Kisses, Barack and his bowing.  Neither of them represented me when it came to their actions with the Saudi royal family and now the Obama admin, as would be expected, is back-peddaling saying he bent over to shake a smaller guy's hand.  B*&* SH%$!  Don't let it happen again, Obama!        

This is CABL.com posting #251612. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdCq
Posted in reply to: Re: our prez by JD42596
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: our prez LocoDawg 4/23/2009 8:51:38 PM
Re: our prez JD42596 4/23/2009 8:15:35 PM
Re: our prez sab3r 4/23/2009 7:59:54 PM
Re: our prez thepro77 4/23/2009 6:59:54 PM