Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bill to be signed!

C.-- You are speaking of the one big project that I have read about, yes..how ever, according to The New York Times, there are several other smaller scale projects for high speed trains all across the country...not just "across" the country. The money will be put into a fund for any company to draw from to build (according to NYT), the money is not earmarked for any one specific company. And to quote the President "What do you think a stimulus bill is, of course you have to spend money".

I'm reading two re-posts by the way and trying to cover them both.

Toast--As are you..not just one company...one project, as for Toledo..do you know how many passenger trains run through here to get to Detroit, Canada, New York, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Wasington, New England, and vice versa, everything that comes form any city slightly south of Chicago on up comes through here. My cousin is a conductor for Amtrak, Toledo is a gateway for train commuter traffic. I believe Toledo would be apart of any technological advances in rail advancements. Wanna bet theres fiber optics as part of these new fangled trains? well holy shit I splice fiber...whata know....lol. Even if it doesn't come in Toledo..I've already done fiber for the Rail Road and I travel...send me to Nevada..I love to play poker

I did not catch the part about "legal citizens" being taken out...thats not good.

I also noticed neither one of you mentioned anything about not relaying on fossil fuels, foreign oil, no diesel emissions...you know what..beyond the work, that alone is a benefit to every one. Yes, maybe things like this are 10 years away. Maybe not there are already high speed trains running over seas, we can learn fast by studying them. We need to do SOMETHING to rid our selves of foreign oil and fossil fuel dependcy. besides, the world is passing us up and if we done get on it, our economy won't be able to catch up anyway.

I hope no one thinks I'm upset or mad...I'm not...I love a good debate. I rarely get upset...pretty think skinned, especially to be in this business...can I get an AMEN!.....   OMG I've got to got to bed.....lol....Peace!
This is CABL.com posting #243593. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbw5
Posted in reply to: Re: Bill to be signed! by C.HAROLD
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Bill to be signed! C.HAROLD 2/17/2009 8:29:32 AM
Re: Bill to be signed! llowman 2/17/2009 7:45:33 AM