Create your free account now! Sign up

Here is a switch

I have encountered something I have never seen or heard here on the bar. We have a sub (he was working for us at the time) who we hired and prepaid (deposit for the equipment) to install a server for us last year. This was another business he had and I wanted to support him since he was able to do this work. He also has a piece of equipment that he was using from us. He left us about 2 months later and said we were all better off if we went with a different company since he was leaving. When we were reconciling our books at the end of the year we found this overpayment and called him to send us a refund. So here we are 3 months later and still no check from him. He does not return calls. He is now advertising for help here on the bar for a project he is running. Do I call him out here on the bar as he is a regular participant or simply take him to small claims court? Is this something potential subs looking for work should be told since it might have an impact on their paychecks? He was always a good guy and did excellent work. I just want my money we overpaid him and our equipment returned. Your opinions are important here since this is where we keep everyone informed about each other.
This is CABL.com posting #187677. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWZd
There are 5 replies to this message
Other Options for Owners RadioMan 3/27/2007 6:17:00 AM
Guess not Waiting out the Storm 3/26/2007 9:15:00 PM
Re: Here is a switch bushmaster 3/26/2007 8:25:00 PM
Re: Here is a switch Gwester843 3/26/2007 1:05:00 PM
Re: Here is a switch joeatstellar 3/26/2007 12:33:00 PM