Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: are installers "dawgs"?

I think that some one forgot to add starting out as a ground hand pulling that g**damn lasher while linemen are throwing bugnuts at you to speed you up.Sitting there at the pole trying to catch your breath for that next 300' span.Trying like hell to get that chance to climb.I was hooking my first day back in 92 and that was it.I absolutely loved the feeling and just got better from
there with the help of some Dawgs.Traveling for 10 years was a great way to grow up.I made some lifelong friends.Remember when we used to look out for each other.New to a system no problem man stay on my couch till ya get it together.Man do I miss those times.Now I am an installer who just can't wait for a build that will last long enough to get back into construction.I knew I was a Dawg when my teachers and mentors told me I was.I still respect those men for taking an 18 year old punk and making a man out of him.so to answer your question you aren't a Line Dawg till you earn it.And to me you disrespect the idea and the people who earned this title from their peers just so you can feel cool.

Forever a line doggy

Greg Miller aka.Beaver
This is CABL.com posting #187252. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWSm
Posted in reply to: are installers "dawgs"? by bubbadan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: are installers "dawgs"? H.C.BOLER 3/19/2007 5:33:00 PM