Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: RG-6 for HD DTV

You can always work under an assumed name and when they try to back charge you quit and go work for one of the other bloodsucking bastards in this industry. Almost every town that is using contractors will have at least two sets of them. As a side note if you are planning in a moments notice, then you never have to ground any systems, and you can use roka clips every 20' instead of every 3'. You can also get away with using the cheep $.06 crimp on connectors from you local supply warehouse instead of the $.31 compression fittings which we know we should be using. Also while you are cutting corners, you can keep an eye out for pieces of scrap wire laying around in the attic left over from the cable company, or even cut down the old cable drop going from the pole to the house (just reach up as high as you can on the pole and cut it down) and as a bonus it will usually already have one fitting already on it (a savings of $.31)

I am not saying I have ever done this, nor do I recommend such installation procedures. But if DTV continues to cut rates and allow the HSP's and their contractors to put the squeeze on the installers, then I say YOU should do whatever it takes to pay the bills and try to keep a little food on the table for your babies.

One more thing for you techs who are getting charged back on that 59th day. Go to the house and fix whatever is wrong with the system, but also change out the LNB because no company can charge you back if it was caused by faulty equipment. AGAIN NOT SAYING I HAVE EVER DONE THIS! Just a thought.

DTV kiss it!(wave)
This is CABL.com posting #186459. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWFz
Posted in reply to: Re: RG-6 for HD DTV by joeatstellar
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: RG-6 for HD DTV cablemn86 3/5/2007 7:10:00 PM
Re: RG-6 for HD DTV mobiletech 3/4/2007 10:54:00 PM