Create your free account now! Sign up

Mapping questions (LP)

Ok, so i just got a bunch of maps back with the same problem, so I know that the system I was using doesnt work. The problem was missing adresses. Im in a rich rural area, and every one lives way off the road. (more drop poles then a trailer park!) what I was doing was getting all the pole info and electronics, the easy feeds (if there were any) and then getting the adresses to the pole as I walked to the next one (along with DP info) evidently that didnt work very well. Should I leave the wheel at the pole and get every adress before moving on? Where Im at now the spand are often 300' and yes a house right beside the next pole can be fed from the last one (hey I dont build it, I just map it). Looking for the voice of exp. here.

Also what would you do if you got to a job and the maps totally sucked ( no road names, roads on map that dont exist/havent existed in 10 years, missing roads, (including a subdivision that was two interlocking circles with courts in the center of each clircle, we called it "tit-o-ramma city")? Whats the general expectation on base map quality? And how do I avoid ending up with ths problem again?

This is CABL.com posting #18616. Tiny Link: cabl.co/me0q
There are 0 replies to this message