Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What and Where did this industry go wrong

Adelphia didn't help the situation. When they filed for chapter 11 their prime contractors and the subs that worked for them took it in the shorts! So what happens next the market is flooded with contractors again,supply and demand! Bigger companies can keep going by low balling bids just to keep the work,they can absorb the loss the little guy can't.This is the worst I've ever seen it. I've been doing this 28 years on both sides of the fence , and usally every 10 years you see a lull but this lull has been going on now for 2-3 years, whats really sad prices are going down and everything else going up,gas,insurance,cost of living etc. but the f@#king big MSOs don't give a rats ass they just look at the bottom line.I used to enjoy this business now I can't stand it or the people who are running it,there used to be a commoradery amongest us now its all cut throat. But what are you going to do after 28 yrs? Go work at Wall-Mart? I just have one more thing to say if your not established in the industry yet,DON"T get out while you can.
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.Thomas Jefferson
This is CABL.com posting #143465. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLt7
Posted in reply to: Re: What and Where did this industry go wrong by Clint Eastwood
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: What and Where did this industry go wrong exabyte 3/23/2005 7:53:00 PM
Re: What and Where did this industry go wrong cablemn86 3/15/2005 4:50:00 PM
Re: What and Where did this industry go wrong danimal 3/15/2005 9:21:00 AM