Create your free account now! Sign up

L I N E M A N

The heat of summer is not so bad, when the power is on to cool our pad, When storms roll in and the power goes out, the lineman is called with out a doublt, He hoges into the stormy hot weather, to complete the job so we feel better, Thought the lightning is flashing right by his side, he climbs that pole with all his pride. He listens to the thunder rumble as he works his miracles so humble. If he is lucky the job is small, and won't take much time at all. But then again you never know, could be hours and hours to go. Then comes that magic moment when power is restored, and once again the lineman is ignored. I know you ask how can this be, daily they risk their life for you and me. We don't ask or think about how the job is done, all we want is our power to run. These men go out in all types of weather, day or night just so we can live better. The dangers and risks of the job are high, some get hurt or crippled and some men die. So when you see these men out along side the road, respect them because the job is a heavy load. long hours, bad weather and high voltage too, Not many could begin to fill their shoes. If you think their pay is too high, walk a day in their shoes and give it a try. See if you can shimmy up a pole, oreven stary up 24 hours or so. Grab hold of those high voltage lines, facing the weather elements of that time. Leaving your family all hours of the day, wondering if you will be home in to watch your children play. Their families worry daily while they are at work, knowing the risks are high and don't want them hurt. I say these things and know they're true, I'm a retired lineman's wife, and know what they go through..God Bless each of You.. Judy Veal 8-29-02
This is CABL.com posting #137798. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJ0I
Posted in reply to: Ghost Videos... by nspec
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: L I N E M A N deleted 11/3/2004 1:13:00 PM
Re: L I N E M A N oldschoolgal 11/3/2004 1:13:00 PM
Re: L I N E M A N lashdawg 11/3/2004 12:45:00 PM